– There are very good opportunities for a permanent job with us after the end of the apprenticeship.
CEO of NorLense, Veslemøy Ellinggard, promises an apprenticeship with close follow-up and a great chance for a permanent job after the certificate of completed apprenticeship is achieved.
– At NorLense, there will also be good opportunities for development both before and after obtaining the certificate, she adds.
Training with responsibility
– I learned something new every day. I received close follow-up, but at the same time I experienced that I quickly gained trust and responsibility in the work I did, he says.
– I noticed that there was a huge difference between being at school and being in a real working situation. At school everything was arranged, but here I had to show responsibility for my tasks and be proactive, he adds.
A varied workday in a dynamic company
– I wanted a job where I could be active and was pleasantly surprised by how varied the logistics profession could be, says Min Za.
The workday within logistics is active and by no means sedentary at NorLense.
– We are a relatively small organisation. This means that you work closely with the processes and that you are involved in most of what takes place in the company, says Ellinggard.
For apprentices and employees, this means that in NorLense you get to participate in a larger part of the value chain, and that you get closer to decision-making processes than in a larger company.
– We believe that this provides a very valuable experience, both that you must stand on your own two feet and solve your own tasks, but also that you get to work closely with others, says Ellinggard.
A unique working environment
NorLense is a stable workplace with good opportunities for development. You get an apprenticeship with good guiding, in a dynamic environment.
At NorLense, products that are leading in international markets, are made. Many of the products are linked to preparedness both on land and at sea.
Apprentices are important to NorLense
Having apprentices helps focus on learning and development in the company.
– It is great to get young people who are willing to learn into the organisation. It also means a lot for the working environment. It helps to create a better age distribution and, not least, it contributes to development in the company, says Ellinggard.
In order to recruit apprentices, NorLense maintains a dialogue with the training offices in Lofoten and Vesterålen, participates at education-oriented events and accepts student visits from schools.
– It is meaningful to be able to contribute to good apprenticeships, and not least it is a good recruitment opportunity, concludes Ellinggard.
Wants apprentices in three different subjects
NorLense has previously only had apprentices within logistics. But in the future, it is also relevant to have apprentices within textiles (welding and sewing), as well as automation. We therefore encourage you to apply within all three subjects.
Do you want to become an apprentice at NorLense?
Contact us here